Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

We've had rain and cool weather the past 4 days. It's been great but we'll be back to triple digits by next weekend I imagine.

The last month, I've just felt very sad about life in general.

Omar never came back, but all the others appear to be okay. This seems to hurt terribly more than any other cat I've ever lost. :(

K. i still in custody, next hearing in July. I guess I should be there. No matter what I do I can't keep out of his clutches--clutches meaning ekeing or sucking money out of me. He was in the hospital for 10 days due to something he had--but he's getting better. His lawyer says everyone he's talked to is willing to write letters for references but not to sign for money.

That car of his will be the big problem and I'll be stuck with how to fix it. I just don't want to go to the hearing but I can't leave R. and her family stuck with the car problem. Maybe it will have to be impounded and hauled away somewhere.

C. is still lost in her intentions to "find a job" but who knows?

so, I have to pull myself out of this depressive funk and go on. My mom is doing well and still holding her own. I'm beginning to feel more and more like "Where was I before I was so rudely interrupted by my brother 3 months ago ...?"

1. Storage is completely emptied since last post so that bill is gone! Yeah!

2. Took last of "stuff" to St. Vincent DePaul or Goodwill.

3. Made a new recipe this week, it came out well.

4. Finished reorganizing kitchen so I don't have anything "hidden" at the back of the cupboards--or at least not as much.

Where I used to work, the budget is very tight, worse than anythingn I saw when I was workingn there for 11 years. Hope that at least stays the same for the next couple of years for everyone I know still there.

Oh, Yeah, New Zealand trip has been pushed back a bit due to recent events but not CANCELLED--I'll make it there yet. On that positive note, I will say ... cheers!

shamba

No comments: