Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sept 24-25

There is much news on the financial and economic and negotiating of the bailout but I can’t recount it all because Tuesday afternoon, Mom suddenly had trouble breathing, and the paramedics took her to Phoenix Baptist hospital. I went to the ER and met her there, someone from the Stratford was there with her, thank heavens. They are good people there.
She’s been there for a couple of days, heart tests, lung tests. Maybe the beginnings of congestive heart failure. She knows me but even talking to e she talks sometimes very incoherently. That’s news for her but it could just be the environment of a strange place.

I will say that the nurses/drs/everyone has been very nice there and it seems she’s getting appropriate care as far as I can judge those things. I met the cardiologist and coordinating physician of hers this morning. One had called me yesterday but I wasn’t home I was talking to Dr. Riess and filling him in on what had happened. I feel much better after talking to them today.
Cardiologist said heart and valves look okay. the right side of the heart isn't pumping as well as it should; it pumps to the lungs. A pacemaker is not necessary even with a slightly irregular heartbeat. She's got several new medications that are helping her, heart stuff; no I'm not sure what all they are. she hadn't seen the pulomonologist yet so we don't know what's happening with her lungs.

She also ate well at breakfast and not too much at lunch. She was dozing off when I left.
PS.Congress and bailout supporters still negotiating.

Cheers,
shamba

No comments: