Thursday, June 25, 2009

Juneth 25th, Thursday

HOORAY! Dr. B. says my right radial head is 85% healed! X-rayed r. arms and both knees for some pain in R. knee, also. Little beginnings of bone spur in r. knee (groan).

However, we discussed stretching for the quads, which are naturally tight anyway, and some anti-inflammatory crème. Also, I need to stop using my rocking chair so much for a month or so to see if that doesn’t help the pain/tightness in my knees.

I’m not supposed to “push or lean” on my right arm yet. Give that two weeks he says.

I’m going back in a month. Starting my arm exercises with 1 lb weights. I’ll see about doing some rotator cuff exercises with them. I have all the exercise plans that my PTs gave me from my two rounds of PT for arms and shoulder in the past 3 years.

Some preps over the past 2-3 weeks.

--Picked up latex gloves, and an old fashioned ice bag! I also found hot water bottles actually still exist at the local CVS (drugstore).

The latex gloves have been on my mind from time to time as I’ve cleaned up dead bird parts after the cats worked on them! Today I found a torn open pigeon carcass at the end of our building. My cats may have done it or not. But I cleaned it up and then had to go to the store anyway. So, I picked up the latex gloves while I was there.

--Got some more of the Neutrogena sunscreen I like so well.

--Got some surgical masks at a Fry’s. These are also good for when I clean up where the cat’s live on the front porch. Good for dust, leaves, dirt, cat or other dander, etc.

--Don’t need any more rechargeable batteries at the moment.

--Large Goodwill store near me has a very large and nice assortment of clothing that seems to be growing larger every time I go there. Didn’t purchase garments but I like to scope out the place every few weeks. More people are certainly using it these days.

--This store is also a good place to look for all kinds of dishes, cookware and household fabrics. The fabrics also include all kinds of fabric remnants and good sized pieces of cloth that can’t be categorized as bedding or towels etc.

--Went through clothes that need to be mended and realized I desperately want to sew something. At least I want to mend and fix the stuff that needs doing.

-- Found an older skirt that just needs it’s stretched out elastic waistband replaced. I realized how easy it would be to rip out the old one and do a new one; one of my old favorities when I was wearing skirts.

My heart is with doing sewing and fiber arts stuff. I‘d do someone’s ironing forever if they’ fix my food and clean up the kitchen afterwards! I actually like ironing. I’ve always liked the whole production process of creating stuff with fabric: laying out patterns, adjusting, pinning and cutting carefully (sometimes not cause I’m in a hurry) and the step by step process of seeing it come together.

--T. has moved to Payson and her handsome Nubs is now my 8th cat. She lived here 15 years and I will miss her. Plus we don’t have a clue who will live there now.

Other news these days: 19 state govts are on the edge of shutting down, including mine.

It just occurred to me this morning that fewer employees in state government means less money paid into the state retirement funds …. Ummm, yeah …. Maybe more canned tomatoes are in order.

Peace,
Shamba

No comments: