Sunday, January 3, 2010

It was a Christmas and now A Happy New Year!

chsitmas Day seemed to be all about cats and their servants! :)I cooked and fed my cats on Christmas Day. Then I went to my friends' house for Christmas dinner and she was doing the main cooking and her husband was feeding their 10 plus cats. He's the one with the soft heart for cats actually.

Another friend came later with her cooking after having fed her 10 plus cats!

Donna laid out all the good china and crystal bgoblets on the lovely table and of, course, the their main dish of Hungarian stuffed cabbage. Her husband is a first generation a Hungarian American. We had a grand afternoon the food was good and we laughed a LOT! A lot of strange cat and some dog stories, too. We would have bored the heck out of someone who wasn't an animal fancier. :)

This is the first Christmas in my whole life, I didn’t have anything planned for the day. so, 3 good friends and ex-coworkers ahad a very good time together.

Later in the week: I was possessed by cleaning out the corner of one room that hasn't been touched in years.

More stuff to goodwill, old yoga/exercise leotards and leggings that don’t fit. I’ve got plenty left that fit just fine. Fixed the green shawl, made one sweater into a cat bed, it was just oo full of holes to fix, fixed 2 others to be able to weat them again.

Sewing is the only mending left. That corner of the computer room looks a lot better than it did with all the mending waiting to be done.

Waste Not: A few more things to the Good will; stuffed animals, cleaned and washed; old leotards from yoga years ago that are not in style anymore. I can wear most of them them but they’re an old styleand I have enough newer things. Only box in the computer room closet will be Christmas decorations. It is much less congested.

Fixed 3 sweaters to wear again; one went for an outside cat bed—and they like it!—and shawl is fixed and functional again.

Want Not: I went through stores; moved all the newer cans of food to the right shelves.

Build community food systems: Got contract for next CSA session.

I don't really think that 2010 will much that much better than 2009, if it's better at all, but I'll see what I can do to make it better.

Peace, Shamba

No comments: