Monday, September 27, 2010

Medium sized victories ...

Okay, I finally tried cooking and eating spaghetti squash today. Solar oven cooked squash, salt, pepper and some spaghetti sauce I really like made a decent lunch. I like this dish and it's really easy to make.

I'm in the process of packing up my shelves and shelves of books, rocks, sea shells and various other small souvenirs from trips over the years. No they're not going away, just until I get new flooring. My carpet is a little over "mumble, mumble" years of age and needs to be long-before-this-replaced! Doing anything about the flooring seemed so intimidating with all the stuff that has to be packed and moved around.

I figure I'll pack books, etc. and then arrange for flooring: I don't want any more carpeting though. This is easier for me than trying to decide on what I want, arrange for installation and then have a date to pack everything in a hurry. We'll see how it works out buf so far I've got 2 bookcases packed out of 5 (floor to ceiling books cases in the computer room). All the really breakable things in that room are almost all packed, too. Some spiny seashells need some spacial packing.

Any way, these seemed better than small victories in life so I called them medium sized.

peace, Shamba

1 comment:

Chile said...

I used to like spaghetti squash but really haven't enjoyed the past few years. Not sure what changed...

Wow, that's a lot of bookcases. I grew up with floor-to-ceiling books. Amazing how quickly they fill a box, huh? Good luck with the re-flooring!