Saturday, December 11, 2010

Small Update in December

I have been doing things but it doesn't interest me to keep track of my small culinary victories like it did.

It seem like all the blogs, (food blogs, I call them) I've been reading for the past two years about food sources, preparing food, cooking, and other food preps are not what they were. There are good reasons for this, employement issues, growing children, just life happening for everyone. Some bloggers have also become more public spokeswomen for the causes they believe in, some are writing books and just involved more in the Real Life than the blogs of Cyber Life. Some post less than they used to.

In any case, I miss reading them the way I used to. Who else was going to tell me that red lentils cooked the fastest of lentils? For this woman who hardly ever knew how to cook much, the past two years have been a great education about food and especially food I'd never tried before. I will keep looking at the blogs that I've become so fond of and I do wish their owners to have the best success at whatever they're doing.

And, I've learned how to make pumpkin soup, it wasn't great but I'll be better next time. I have two large freezer bags of cut up butternut squashes in the freezer and I want to make butternut soup next.

that all for now, don't let the christmas Crazies get to you.

peace, shamba

1 comment:

Chile said...

I love all the different kinds of lentils! And red lentils are really handy when you want a fast legume dish. Have you tried some of the other varieties, such as the dark green, almost black, ones? They seem to have an almost meaty taste.

I think a lot of bloggers' lives have changed and evolved over the time they've been blogging. I've been out there for three years and know mine has changed considerably. In some ways, it has to or one just keeps repeating the same thing over and over.

One thing I've noticed is that I link to my past posts a lot more than I do to external sources. This is because the old posts I'm linking to now already have those external links, but sometimes it feels like the only way to get newer readers up to speed. It's a rare thing for someone to go back to a blog's beginning and read everything on it. (Who has the time these days?!)

Hope you enjoy the holiday season and find some good reading out there.