Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Very Late Merry Christmas ...

A Very Merry After Christmas and Happy New year!

Four of us had a very festive day at a heavily decorated house with lovely Christmas background music, homemade lasagna, green bean salad, green salad, lots of little chocolate cakes and “things” for dessert. And there were many friendly cats, so it’s good that all of us were fond of cats. :)

I have decoration of evergreens, pine branches and such in the house and it all smells very good.

A neighbor of mine gave me a “branch “ of Brussel sprouts since she had so many herself. I’ve never seen how these grow before. This is a neighbor I’ve given some extra greens to when my CSA share is a little too much for me.

We;’ve had some lovely winter weather in the 70s but this midweek we’re getting a very wet storm and 4-5 nights of freezing nights in the mid-20s. we’ll see if it gets that cold. I put out some extra bedding for the cats to snuggle into.

And I learned to make butternut squash soup this holiday season.
Peace, Shamba

No comments: