Sunday, October 5, 2008

October 5th

Okay, sleep patterns last night very badly disrupted. I watched a movie s from 2-3 a.m. and slept from 4-9. Still feel pretty good though. I had washed the past 3 days worth of dishes and cleaned up the kitchen Saturday night. Everything was just accumulating everywhere since last Tusday evening.

Caught up with laundry, got extra cash, went through food on kitchen table (from Safeway store 2 days ago) and got them put away. There were no perishables in there though. I also checked money in the Bof A account (this was my mom's account) and picked up some canned cat food really marked down at Bashas'. I'm running out of sugar--how did that happen?

Got out my solar oven, made corn bread--:) . I haven't used it or cooked much on my own the past two weeks, this is always soothing for me these days so it was time to cook something from scratch again. I used the electric option today as well as the oven being in the sun. It's supposed to cycle between using the sun and electricity--anyway the bread came out very well.

Then I decided Bush's Vegetarian baked beans would go well with the corn bread and I didn't want to make it myself today. Now later, in the afternoon, I decided I wanted some rice for dinner with the corn bread and beans. Sun was all gone but I just plugged in the oven again so I didn't have to move the oven to the front of the house. Beside, it's makes rice so much easier and better than I can on the stove! :)

I moved some whole wheat flour and white flour to where I would see it the next time I look at the storage "shelves" Especially now that the weather is cooling off, 80s during the days, I want to try the bread cooking and pizza cooking I didn't get to this summer.

K. comes this week to come to Mom's memorial, I have some more to call about that and flowers to select this week.

Re: Urbansurvival.com's Fall october 2008 predictions, it's this weeks as a time frame for a rather big event that will be causing some distress for us emotionally for 5-6 months. no guarantees, something will really come about but I'm as prepared as I can be for anything big after all these months of storing, cooking, practicing more for cooking and batteries and cash.
I'll need all these things anyway, it turns out as planning Mom's memorial service and having company this weekend will take some extra from my usual routine.

I expect more stock market grief and financial grief as this event. that'll be bad enough so I hope that's all it is.

cheers,
shamba

No comments: