Saturday, October 4, 2008

October 1-4, 2008

My mother took her last breath about an hour after I left her yesterday afternoon. The time was 4:20 p.m. I had to go back as they called me right after I got home from seeing her. She went peacefully and more quickly than I thought she would. She died the last day of the month of September 2008.

To make a long story short, M. and I will be planning a service for Saturday next weekend. My brother can come for 3 days.

I’m doing okay but seem to be very tired from all the tension of her illness, and all the other news out there!

Bailout/rescue bill passed the Senate first on Wednesday and House on Friday. It was packed with all kinds of stuff before the voting. We’ll see what this or doesn’t do for confidence in the markets. Public citizens were enraged by the bills but businesses and banks were for it as a confidence booster. I can see both points of view and I didn’t express an opinion. R. our broker really wanted it to pass. He ‘s sounds truly worried about how long this coming recession/downturn will last—he was afraid it would be longer than 2-3 years. Scary because of him feeling this way going along with all the predictions the last 2-3 years about this possibilities. Because the bill WON'T STOP THE DOWNTURN COMING but it will slow it down or make it not so bad.

Namaste and Om Shanti,
Shamba/sheri

No comments: