Monday, October 12, 2009

October 12

I’m putting the Roma tomatoes out to dry today.

A little later: Dehydrating tomatoes (Roma tomatoes, I wanted to start with smaller tomatoes): well, it seems that the October sun, which I do prefer to the July sun, has got a lot of clouds along with it today. I’m so used to having hot and constant sun! that I forget that the seasons I like the best might not cooperate with the same sun as in July! So, I put the tomatoes in the Tulsi with the electric back up on. We might have a front moving it, I don’t know. So far the weather says that we’ll have much warmer temps by the end of this week—around high 90s. We’ve had really good cooler weather the past 2 weeks.

Don't forget, we are now officially in the Oct 10 to 15 time period Clif has pointed to where signs may pop up for the event on the 25th. Keep your eyes open. I am referring to the webbot project trying to predict the future ….

http://www.halfpasthuman.com/ and http://www.peoplenomics.com/

I am a follower of George Ure's Urbansurvival. com site. The webbot project reading the future is something he's involved with and he writes about it often. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're not. This fall, the interpreters of the webbot data think that a great financial/economic turn for the worse is coming. It can also be interpreted a little differently depending on how you look at it--as all data predicting the future seems to be! :) You can LOL or not as you believe in the possibility of these things. I, obviously, believe in the possibilities.

We'll see this time how accurate it becomes. I still have some projects to do to the townhouse but I haven't made any plans to travel or do much after the past year of economic conditions happening that no one thought could happen anymore! But if really nothing happens to further the downslide of our world/economy/whatever I'm going to look into taking one of two trips I'd like to do in my lifetime. I'll be 59 in November (!) and have probably 15-20 good years left if my good DNA works for me that long. I feel like I'm waiting for the end of the world so I can get on with my life! Wierd feeling!

I would not abandon my present "prepping arrangements" or not do anymore but I'm getting tired of living for the complete apocalyse happening any day now. I'm sure things generally will get worse over the next few years due the economy, peak oil/energy and the climate changings. There's been plenty of "the worst" that could still happen to lots of people anyway so I shouldn't be looking forward to fulfillment of that! I won't like it much when it gets here, I know.

peace to all,
shamba

3 comments:

Chile said...

I know what you mean about feeling like we're waiting for things to get really bad to start living differently. We've come to the conclusion that we're not too likely to just fall off a cliff, at least for a while, so my level of worry has gone down a bit. Good thing, as we're having a heck of a time finding a place to buy in our price range.

What trip do you hope to take?

Shamba said...

To New Zealand, I do know some people there not great personal ffriends but I'd want to see them. Or I'd like to see a friend I've kept in touch with since high school and she's lived in Europe, England and Denmark for years..I'd like to see her again before our ends come!

I have the money and I've just hel on to it waiting to use it for one of these, maybe, just maybe, making both trips about a year apart. I'll have to see about that.

Plus now that I have "more animals"
than I did the last time I went overseas, gone for 12 days to Sydney )I do have friends I stayed with there( Anyway, I'm disgressing too much here, I have a more complicated animal arrangement to take care of these days.

I truly haven't wanted to make either of these trips the past couple ofyear with my mom and the whole wierd unstable world.

If we still seem somewhat stable after Christmas I'll decide what to do. I plan better for big things like that in the winter than summer.

My carbon footprijnt is really big because I've always loved to travel and was able to have a job and time that made it possible.

thanks for replying, Chile. It's a novelty to see if someone is reading my blog!

I really hope you are able to find a place. the real estate costs have got to go down still further, I'd think.

Chile said...

There are places we'd love to see but we just haven't had the spare money for it. I suppose I could have chosen to work full-time in order to facilitate travel but being the money-saving homemaker/food preserver has worked pretty well for us.

I house-sat for a couple that went to New Zealand when I was a teenager. They kept a audio diary and let me listen to it when they returned. Sounded so wonderful there!

You can also use one of the stat tracker programs to see who's reading your blog. I use StatCounter although I rarely check it anymore. Used to do so obsessively.