Saturday, October 3, 2009

October 3 Saturday

Suffice it to saw that the economic news this past week has helped to dim the “bright lights” of recovery hopes. I’ll not get into that at all today. I’m enjoying the weather too much.
Not much in food news today. Eating the last of beef stew and veggies and have to make a big store run for all kinds of food and related supplies sometime today. I'll get to Sprouts for bulk purchases later this week after i checked out all those supplies in my pantry. At least, what I think of as my longer term storage pantry.

Thinking of emailing the local CSA and seeing what’s involved in getting on their supplies list.
My containers of basil, parsley and oregano are dong just fine.

Happy News from the Desert!

Our temps are now below 100 degrees, at least for the next 10 days!

On October 1st in the morning in my house it was 70 degrees from the weather alone. Ac didn't run all night and it was very quiet the previous night because my neighbors' ACs weren't running either.

It was cool inside! Not just an absence of warmth but actual coolth! :) :) :) :) :)

Peace to all,
shamba

2 comments:

Chile said...

I love this cooler weather, too. Some wimp in the neighborhood, though, apparently thought it was frosty yesterday morning and got their fireplace going. It was a little annoying having the cooler fan pull in the overpowering smoke smell.

The garden is really appreciative of the relief from the heat, too!

Shamba said...

Fireplace??? LOL Okay, smoke from a barbecue is one thing that's okay but smoke from a fireplace this early.

thanks for the comment, chile.

cheer,
shamba