Friday, October 23, 2009

October 23rd

First of all: We've passed into the astrological sun sign of Scorpio. :) This is my sign and I love it!

Second, not much to report about the leftover food challenge this week: Had too many tomatoes earlier in the week and I dried them in the Tulsi oven. I sliced them in half this time rather than quarters. This worked well, I thought.

No real leftovers today, Friday, so I will be making a whole new meal or two for the next two days. I have fresh produce that I'm using up steadily now that the tomatoes are dehydrated.

Third, something I read the other day, it was this week:

Housing all over the country to go down more in value, according to this Yahoo link.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Homes-About-to-get-much-cnnm-699910894.html?x=0&ref=patrick.net

I quote the part about Phoenix in particular, since I live there. “In Phoenix values have already collapsed by 54% and could fall another 23.4%. In both cities, Fiserv anticipates the losses to continue into 2011, but they will be less than 5%.”

That adds up to: 82.4% I just added the whole 5%. I ‘m thinking of 2006 to 2011 as the peak to trough years that residential housing prices have fallen.

Peace, shamba

No comments: